Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spinach salad with Teriyaki Bowties

Oh my goodness. This salad is scrum-didily-dumpcious! I may or may not have have halved the recipe (which still makes a ton), and then ate the whole thing by myself in two days! Klay hates any cold pasta salad so he didn't didn't like it. But if you're into that kind of thing, you must try this.  
16 oz. Bowtie pasta, cooked and cooled
1 - 2 bags of fresh baby Spinach
2 small cans Mandarin Oranges
1 cup Craisins (I left this out)
1 Red Pepper, chopped
1 can Water Chestnuts (I didn't have any so I left this out too)
1 bunch Green Onions, chopped
1 cup Honey Roasted Peanuts or Cashews
1/2 cup fresh Parsley (optional)
1/4 cup Sesame Seeds, toasted (optional)
2 cups torn cooked Chicken (optional)

Dressing:
1 cup Vegetable Oil
2/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
2/3 C. Teriyaki Sauce
5 Tbs. Sugar

Cook bowtie pasta according to directions, drain and cool while whisking the dressing together in a large bowl. Marinate cooked bowtie pasta in the dressing for 1 hour or longer in the fridge. (I was too hungry so mine only sat in the fridge for about 15 min!) Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour the teriyaki sauce and pasta over the salad, toss together and serve. If it's just a few of you, make individual salad servings; keeping the salad and bowtie sauce separate for the rest of the week (no one likes a soggy salad).

This really is like PARTY size. I mean, ward party or Johnson family party size. If I was going to take it to an all girl's lunch I would probably still half it! Well, maybe not because then I could eat the other half myself again!

Recipe from The Sisters Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment