Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A spin on tacos

 I love tacos. They are fast and easy so we eat them a lot. Since we eat them so much, I have a few minor variations we use.

1 lb hamburger
1 can of refried beans or 1 can of any kind of beans, rinsed (we love each for it's own reasons so we switch it up)
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
taco seasoning

Prepare meat as usual but when you add taco seasoning add the beans and tomato sauce. (I don't think I use the whole can of sauce. Maybe 3/4 the can? Just add until you get the consistency you like.) It makes it more of a burrito-taco than just plain hamburger. Squeeze a lime on it and top with cilantro if you want a gourmet taco! (We all know my love of cilantro) So this isn't a special recipe, just a new idea on an old meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment