- 1 lb. fresh tilapia or cod fillets
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 6-inch tostada shells
- 2 cups shredded cabbage mix
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
1. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon of the chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. For chili-lime cream, in bowl squeeze 2 teaspoons juice from half the lime. Stir in sour cream, garlic powder, and remaining chili powder; set aside. Cut remaining lime half in wedges for serving.
2. Place fish on unheated greased broiler rack; tuck under thin edges. Place shells on baking sheet on lowest rack. Broil fish 4 inches from heat 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness, until fish flakes with fork. Break in chunks. Serve tostadas with cabbage, chili-lime cream, avocado, tomatoes, lime, and pepper sauce. Serves 4.