Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chicken-Parmesan Bundle



I found this recipe on kraftrecipes.com. I really enjoyed it, Blake (my 7 year old) loved it, Terry (the hubs) said it was "ok", Damon (my 1 year old) ate it all up, and Ashlyn (my 4 year old) wouldn't even try it. So you and your family may or may not like it, but I thought I would share it anyway...



What You Need
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened (make sure you soften well, my wasn't very soft and it was a pain in the you know what to mix.)
1 pkg.  (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained (I just used baby spinach leaves and chopped them up, cause thats what I already had.)
1-1/4 cups KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
6 Tbsp.  KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
1   egg
10 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
1-1/2 cups  spaghetti sauce, heated

Make It

HEAT oven to 375ºF.
MIX cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella and 3 Tbsp. Parmesan until well blended; spread onto chicken breasts. Starting at one short end of each breast, roll up chicken tightly. Secure with wooden toothpicks, if desired.
BEAT egg in shallow dish. Mix remaining Parmesan and cracker crumbs in separate shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumb mixture to evenly coat. Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Remove and discard toothpicks, if using. Serve chicken topped with spaghetti sauce and remaining mozzarella.

No comments:

Post a Comment