Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pear Flip-Flop

Pic from google images


I had a whole lot of pears from my Bountiful Basket that I needed to use up. So when I saw this recipe in the newspaper, I had to try it. (It was in the Parade section and the author is Dorie Greenspan.) It's delicious! It's similar to an apple crisp, but the pears give it a different flavor. Enjoy!

4 1/2 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups sliced or diced pears
powdered sugar, for dusting

Preheat oven to 350. Melt the butter in a 9-inch pie plate. Mix dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients. Pour batter over the hot butter. Then place the pears on top.
Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and then dust with powdered sugar.
(The pears sink to the bottom, which is why it's called Pear Flip-Flop.)

No comments:

Post a Comment